All bookings are subject to confirmation.
1. If You wish to book a PRIVATE HIRE VEHICLE (MINICAB) via this website, www.QuickCarsYork.co.uk, You must agree to the terms below as the exclusive basis which governs such booking and must tick the "I agree to Quick Cars's Terms & Conditions" box on the main passenger's contact information page. If You do not agree to any of the terms, do not book a PRIVATE HIRE VEHICLE via this website. If you are booking on behalf of someone else, by clicking "I agree to Quick Cars's Terms & Conditions", You are representing that You have their authority to accept these terms and conditions on their behalf.
1. In these Terms and Conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings save where the context otherwise requires:
1. "Agreed Pick-Up Point" the appointed place for You to be picked up by PHD as set out in the Details.
2. "Agreed Time" the appointed date and time for You to be picked up by PHD as set out in the Details.
3. "Booking" the booking of a Minicab effected via this Website for undertaking Trips. Bookings can be made for single Trips only.
4. "PHD" the Private Hire Driver licensed by City of York Council – Taxi Licensing.
5. "Card" the credit, debit or charge card, or PayPal account You use when making the Booking.
6. "Cash" the payment You make for the Fare to the PHD.
7. "Quick Cars" ADN Travel ltd of 71 Manor Drive North, York, YO26 5RY trading as Quick Cars.
8. "Details" the details which You must provide upon making a Booking including pick-up date and time, pick-up and drop-off addresses and Your Personal Data.
9. "Fare" the fee paid by You for the Quote You accept.
10. "Goods" any goods carried in a Minicab which are booked via this Website.
11. "Trip" the journey You wish to make from the pick-up address to the drop-off address provided by You.
12. "Licensing Authority" any regional or national licensing authority responsible for licensing the operation of taxi or Minicab companies.
13. "Particular Requirements" any specific requirements You may have relating to disabled facilities, the gender of the driver or otherwise.
14. "Passenger" any passenger carried in a Minicab which is booked via this Website.
15. "Personal Data" the details which You provide regarding Your physical and email addresses, telephone number and Card details.
16. "Quote" a fixed price quote that You receive via the Website for the Trip.
17. "Terms" these terms and conditions between Quick Cars and You.
18. "Website" Quick Cars's public website and mobile site located at www..co.uk, and Quick Cars's social media, smartphone and tablet apps.
19. "You" means the person who enters Details.
20. "Minicab" is a Private Hire Vehicle made available for pre-booked Trips, in compliance with the requirements of relevant Licensing Authorities.
21. The clause headings and any other headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of these Terms.
3. USE OF WEBSITE
1. In making a Booking via this Website You must provide accurate Details and are responsible for any failure to do so.
2. You hereby warrant to Quick Cars that You are at least eighteen years of age and legally able to make the Booking.
3. Quick Cars does not guarantee that it will be able to fulfil Your requirements and reserves the rights to refuse any Bookings which You wish to make and to cancel any Bookings You have made, and in such case to refund to You, in full and final settlement of any claims you might have, the Fee paid by You.
4. Your Details and data relating to Your use of the Website will be recorded by Quick Cars but Your Personal Data shall not, be disclosed to third parties other than the PHD or used for any purpose unrelated to the provision of the services pursuant hereto.
1. When You enter the details of the Trip, Quick Cars will endeavour to provide You via the Website with Quotes for different vehicle type available.
2. It is Your responsibility to ensure that Your Details are correct. When You make a Booking, this constitutes an offer which Quick Cars may or may not accept. Your Booking is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from Quick Cars.
3. Quick Cars cannot confirm the ability of the PHD to accommodate any Particular Requirements and in the event that You have such Particular Requirements You should not use this Website but instead make alternative travel arrangements that address your Particular Requirements.
4. Quick Cars reserves the right to correct typographical errors in any elements of the information that appears on the Website including pricing mistakes. If, once You are informed of such error, You wish to withdraw Your offer and do not wish to proceed with the purchase, You shall be free to do so and any monies already paid by You will be refunded in full.
5. For bookings that are to be pre-paid by Card, Quick Cars is entitled to collect all monies due for the booked Trip from You acting entirely in its own right.
1. If booking with the "Pay by Card" option, You agree to pay the Fare at the time You make Your Booking. If booking with the "Pay by Cash" option, You agree to pay the Fare to the PHD.
2. Once You have confirmed Your Booking on the payment screen, it cannot be cancelled or changed except in accordance with clause 7 of these Terms.
3. If paying by Card, in the event that Your Card payment is refused by Your Card issuer for whatever reason, Quick Cars will not be able to fulfill Your Booking..
4. Payment will not cover any extra requirements you request, such as child seats. If you do not indicate any additional luggage when booking, resulting in a larger size vehicle being required, then the PHD may charge you extra, which you must pay him directly for. If You wish to give a tip to the PHD, You should do so directly at your own discretion.
5. In the event that You make any deviations from the route that You entered into the Website, You may be subject to additional charges by PHD in respect thereof and will make such payment directly to the driver.
1. Neither Quick cars nor PHD is responsible to You for, or insured in respect of, any damage or loss that may be sustained by the Goods in the course of a Trip and it is Your exclusive responsibility to have such Goods insured in respect of such damage or loss.
7. CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS AND REFUNDS
1. You have the right to cancel a Booking made through the Website.
2. If You decide to cancel a Booking You must notify Quick Cars by submitting a cancellation request in writing via email or the form on the Contact Us page, quoting the booking reference, as per the guidance provided on the Website.
In the event of the cancellation of a Booking in accordance with Clause 7.1 above that is before the cancellation cut off time (12 hours) specified in your booking confirmation email, then if paying by Card, You will be entitled to a full refund of the Fare (minus the transaction fee). Where the cancellation is after the cancellation cut off time specified in the confirmation page and your booking confirmation email, if you paid by Card then no refund will be due to You, and if you were to pay by Cash, then your profile will be marked which may prevent you from booking through Quick Cars again.
3. In the event that PHD does not turn up at the Agreed Pick-Up Point within 15 minutes of the Agreed Time - or within 30 minutes if the pick-up point is an airport - and You do not use PHD for the Trip, You will be entitled to a full refund of the Fare, if you paid them in advance by Card, as full and final settlement of any claim You might have in respect of such failure. However should You, at Your own discretion, decide to continue with the Trip where the PHO turns up after 15 minutes from the Agreed time, then you will not be entitled to any such refund.
4. In the event that You are not available at the Agreed Pick-Up Point within 15 minutes of the Agreed Time, it will be at PHD's discretion to treat Your non-availability as a cancellation, and You will not be entitled to any refund of the Fare, that you may have paid in advance. Where the PHD decides to wait more than 15 minutes from the Agreed Time, then You may be subject to additional charges by PHD in respect of any additional waiting time and/or parking charges and will make such payment directly to PHD.
5. For pre-paid bookings, any refunds due to you to for cancellations or complaints will be made to the card used to make the payment within upto 7 business days (business days being Monday to Friday).
8. WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. Quick Cars shall not in any event be liable (whether in contract or otherwise) for any indirect loss or consequential loss or loss of revenue, howsoever arising, suffered by You in connection with any failure by PHD or otherwise in connection with these Terms or otherwise and if You consider that You have any claim in respect of any failure by PHD You agree to make such claim directly against PHD.
2. Any estimated trip times and times of arrival presented by Quick Cars on its Public website or otherwise, are only to be taken as indicative, and are not subject to traffic and/or weather conditions and final route taken by driver. Therefore, You agree that You are responsible for setting an appropriate Agreed Time that allows You sufficient time to reach Your destination to subsequently check-in for a flight, take a train or fulfill any other dependencies You might have.
3. Quick Cars may keep You informed of the status of your Booking by sending You email, and SMS text alerts, although minicabit does not guarantee the delivery nor the timing of these email and SMS text alerts, and shall not in any event be liable (whether in contract or otherwise) for any indirect loss or consequential loss or loss of revenue, howsoever arising from the omission or delay of such email and SMS text alerts.
1. PHD reserves the right within its reasonable discretion to terminate the Trip, if You or Your party's conduct or behaviour is disruptive in any way and/or affects your safety or that of the driver of the vehicle. Neither Quick Cars nor PHD accept liability for any extra costs incurred by you/or your party as a result of the PHD doing so.
2. Passengers are not permitted to take alcoholic drinks onto the vehicles for the purpose of consuming them during the Trip.
3. PHD further reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
10. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
1. PHD shall not undertake the carriage or delivery of:
1. money or securities, antiques, precious metals, furs, or jewellery or value, any goods or property (of whatsoever nature) of an intrinsic value of more than £50.
2. any goods or property of a hazardous, dangerous, inflammable, explosive or noxious nature, or are illegal to possess under existing English Law, and/or
3. any goods or property (of whatsoever nature) which may deteriorate in transit.
2. PHD shall have no liability whatsoever for loss or damage, however arising in relation to the clause 10.1 of this agreement.
3. Without prejudice to the provisions of clause 10.1 Quick Cars and PHD shall not in any event be liable directly or indirectly for:
1. consequential loss (whether for loss or profit or otherwise) and/or
2. loss, damage and/or breakage to any fragile items what so ever whether arising from the acts, omissions or negligence of PHD.
4. Without prejudice to the generality of clause 10.1 in particular Quick Cars and PHD shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage arising directly or indirectly from:
1. breakdown, accident, adverse weather conditions.
2. any act or omission on the part of the Customer.
3. any clause, act or circumstance beyond the control of Quick Cars and PHD (including, without limitation, any strike, (official or not) lock-out or other form of industrial action or labour dispute, governmental regulations, legal restrictions, embargoes, fire, flood, Act of God, any consequence of riot, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, acts of terrorism, rebellion, military or usurped power, confiscation, requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or upon the order of or in the name of any Government or public local authority, or other conditions amounting to force majeure).
5. the provision of clauses 10.1 and 11.1 apply to liability for loss or damage to goods or property and do not apply to liability for death or personal injury.
1. If You have any complaint in respect of the service provided by Quick Cars, You agree to first contact Quick Cars directly (by phone or email) to resolve this within 72 hours of the Agreed Time. In the event that You fail to do so, any claim You might otherwise have shall be invalidated
1. These Terms shall form the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any previous agreement and (save so far as expressly preserved hereby) representations oral or otherwise made by either of the parties. You warrant that You have not relied on any representation made by Quick Cars in entering into this agreement.
2. All notices to Quick Cars shall be given by You in writing to QuickCars.YorkTaxis@gmail.com.
3. All notices to You shall be given in writing to the email address You have provided as part of the Details.